Company: TST NA Trim, LLC
Title: Japanese Technical Translator
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources
***Relocation assistance and VISA sponsorship is available***
- Provide technical translation/interpretation and administrative support to management and key associates, internally and external.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as technical translator in a manufacturing setting.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Interpret/translate for Japanese internal and external associates.
- Ability to translate technical terms related to manufacturing processes, machinery and equipment.
- Assist the Engineering / Manufacturing Production team to write and translate work instructions for associates from Japanese to English.
- Record and translate presentations, evaluations and meeting minutes into both Japanese and English.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents.
- Manage and maintain management schedules, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events.
- Greet and interact with incoming visitors, associates from sister companies and suppliers.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Assist in after hour events, such as picking up visitors, business dinner, etc.
- Provide administrative support to all departments in the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must speak, read and write native level Japanese and fluent English. Spanish preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Power Point, Excel, Word and other MS office.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong cultural understanding of Japanese and American business
- Flexibility to travel between Mexico and Texas facilities.
Reporting to this Position:
- There are no reports to this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work Environment – Open office workplace. Manufacturing production environment.
- Physical Demands – Data entries. Sits for long periods of time. Stand and walk.
- New Hire Orientation
- Safety Training
- ISO Training
- Corporate Governance
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the job may differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
How to apply:
Please email cover letter and resume indicating Japanese Technical Translator position to Erica Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.