Outrun the ordinary. Be an athlete ambassador. Each year, the Japan-America Society sends two runners to compete in the Sendai International Half Marathon. You’ll have the opportunity not only to represent your city in the race, but to tour Sendai, meet runners from around the world, and strengthen the friendship between Dallas and Sendai.
Application is open to amateur runners who are U.S. citizens, at least 18 years old, and who live, work, or train in Dallas. Applicants must record a qualifying time (Men: 1 hr. 35 min. | Women: 1 hr. 45 min.) in one of these events:
- DRC Half Marathon
- Dallas Rock & Roll Half Marathon
- Michelob Ultra Dallas 13.1 Half
- Dallas Marathon Half
- Other half marathon or marathon (split time) since March 1 of year before race.
29th Sendai International Half Marathon
- 6th place — Sister City Competition
Jessica O’Neil Smith
- 5th place – Sister City Competition
27th Sendai International Half Marathon
Congratulations to Ingrid Mollenkopf and Jason Trevino, who will represent the City of Dallas in Sendai on May 14, 2017!
26th Sendai International Half Marathon
- 4th place — Sister City Competition
- 34th place — Women’s Division
- 2nd place — Sister City Competition
- 41st place — Men’s Division