Outrun the ordinary. Be an athlete ambassador. Each year, the Japan-America Society sends two runners to compete in the Sendai International Half Marathon. You’ll have the opportunity not only to represent your city in the race, but to tour Sendai, meet runners from around the world, and strengthen the friendship between Dallas and Sendai.
Group Tour for Runners: Run Sendai!
A unique travel package combining the Sendai International Half Marathon (Open Division) and sightseeing in Sendai and Tokyo! No qualifying times. Ten runners may participate — reserve your spot now! Travel dates: May 10-17.
Application is open to amateur runners who are U.S. citizens, at least 18 years old, and who live, work, or train in Dallas. Applicants must record a qualifying time (Men: 1 hr. 35 min. | Women: 1 hr. 45 min.) in one of these events:
- DRC Half Marathon
- Dallas Rock & Roll Half Marathon
- Michelob Ultra Dallas 13.1 Half
- Dallas Marathon Half
- Other half marathon or marathon (split time) since March 1 of year before race.
November – December
City of Sendai announces race date
Phone interviews and selection
Sendai International Half Marathon
(Trip duration: approximately 7 days)
26th Sendai International Half Marathon
- 4th place — Sister City Competition
- 34th place — Women’s Division
- 2nd place — Sister City Competition
- 41st place — Men’s Division