The IBM Cloud Advanced Customer Support (ACS) team in Dallas, TX is seeking bilingual (English/Japanese) Technical Support Engineers who are well-organized, action-oriented team players with exceptional time management and exceptional communication skills to drive customer facing support issues in a fast-paced environment.
We are expanding our team by adding intermediate & senior-level engineers, who can focus on improving overall customer experience by quickly identifying and resolving problems in a global, carrier class network. You will collaborate with team members, other IT organizations, key stakeholders and business partners to meet the needs of the business as well as that of the customers.
If you love technology, tackling complex challenges, and leveraging your technical expertise to help others, we want you as part of our talented worldwide technical support team. We have several roles open for various backgrounds and skill levels. We are looking for several areas of expertise which include: networking, compute, virtualization, fabric, security and storage.
You can review the job postings and apply here: http://ibm.biz/Cloud_AdvancedCustomerSupport_Hiring
What you will do:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to IBM Cloud customers
- Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone and chat regarding technical issues.
- Document and track customer cases from start to finish ensuring customer expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with engineering, operations, and management to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base Articles.
- Work with other Engineering teams for knowledge transfer of new product/technologies
- Directly create documentation and provide oversight and peer review of change control documents written by other team members
- Proven success working directly with customers
- Professional experience working in the cloud computing industry, Networking; preference given to those with a focus on compute and infrastructure services or virtualization products
- Professional experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Must be fluent in spoken Japanese and English language as well as the ability to write in Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana Japanese characters
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your Life @ IBM:
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.