Community Job Posting
Lecturer in Japanese (Full-time)
Institution: University of North Texas
The Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of North Texas is seeking a full-time Lecturer in Japanese to begin September 1, 2020 (classes begin 08/27/2020). The position of Lecturer comes with full benefits. Duties: Teach four undergraduate courses (all levels from beginning through advanced) in Japanese language, literature and/or culture per semester. Active participation in department activities and committees is expected.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
MA in Japanese language, literature, or culture, or related field required. Native or near-native proficiency in Japanese and English. US college/university level teaching experience in Japanese language.
At least two years’ experience successfully teaching advanced level Japanese language, literature and/or culture courses, and language for the professions to native English speakers at the post-secondary level. Experience with program
coordination/supervision. Evidence of commitment to departmental service and commitment to study abroad. Experience coordinating student activities such as Japanese table, Japanese culture club, or Japanese film series.
Review of Applications Begins: November 1, 2019. Interested applicants must apply online via this link: https://facultyjobs.unt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
Posting Date: September 9, 2019
Job Status: open
(PART-TIME) INTERNATIONAL CAREER COACH / INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
Fluent in Japanese
We’re looking for a Part-Time International Career Coach, fluent in Japanese, to support clients relocating across the U.S.
Our Services Include:
- Customized Career Transition Coaching
- Acclimation and Relocation Assistance
- Professional Resume/CV Writing
- Career Assessment
- Job Search Assistance and Resources for the Job Search
COACHING REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Minimum 2 years individual Career Transition Coaching, Career Assessment and Career Development experience
- Well versed in current targeted resume/CV writing trends
- Use of LinkedIn and other social media platforms for the job search
- Acclimation assistance with local area resources
- Flexible schedule to deliver services across multiple time zones
- Not be working full-time
- Intercultural coaching or related experience
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Japanese
- Virtual coaching and occasional face-to-face (as feasible, local clients only)
- Experience working with a diverse population of relocation clients pursuing career related, volunteer, entrepreneurial or other meaningful pursuits
For consideration, resumes and CV’s can be emailed to Marci at email@example.com