Community Job Listings
The Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of North Texas is seeking a full-time Lecturer in Japanese to begin September 1, 2018 (classes begin 08/27/2018). The position of Lecturer comes with full benefits.
- Teach four undergraduate courses in Japanese language, literature and/or culture per semester.
- Active participation in Department activities and committees is expected.
- MA in Japanese language, literature, or culture, or related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in Japanese and English
- US college/university level teaching experience in Japanese language
- Experience teaching advanced level Japanese language, literature and/or culture courses, and language for the professions
- Experience with program coordination/supervision
- Evidence of commitment to departmental service and commitment to study abroad
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Review of Applications Begins: November 1, 2017. Interested applicants must apply online.