Community Job Listings
The Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at the University of North Texas is seeking a full-time Lecturer in Japanese to begin September 1, 2018 (classes begin 08/27/2018). The position of Lecturer comes with full benefits.
- Teach four undergraduate courses in Japanese language, literature and/or culture per semester.
- Active participation in Department activities and committees is expected.
- MA in Japanese language, literature, or culture, or related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in Japanese and English
- US college/university level teaching experience in Japanese language
- Experience teaching advanced level Japanese language, literature and/or culture courses, and language for the professions
- Experience with program coordination/supervision
- Evidence of commitment to departmental service and commitment to study abroad
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Review of Applications Begins: November 1, 2017. Interested applicants must apply online.
Responsible for daily activities of customer quality group of customers. Under limited supervision, designs and implements methods and procedures to achieve customer quality targets. Gives direction to other customer quality staff members. Ensures proper support for each customer’s goals and objectives.
- Manages customer quality to ensure all quality targets are met. Develops quality target measuring methods and monitors quality progress to ensure internal quality target of 0 defects is achieved. Creates and monitors reporting methods for customer quality targets, including delivery quality and market quality.
- Provides leadership to customer quality staff for customer communication. Ensures reporting methods and reporting material meets customer and internal expectations. Gives direction for proper reporting formats and methods.
- Leads meetings and performs presentations to customers and other departments.
- Ensures proper tools are in place for data analysis of quality issues. Ensures customer quality data is properly channeled to appropriate staff members and data is organized in a way that can easily be reported. Gives direction on Delivery and Warranty data analysis and reporting. Manages reporting methods, such as Gate Charts, Urushibara charts, and other charts. Ensures delivery defect tracking and real time market data tracking is able to identify defect trends and proper actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Participates in development and training to ensure continuous quality control and customer compliance. Develops data analysis tools to aid in creating quality reports and monitoring corrective actions. Gives direction for reporting formats using Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and other data analysis tools, such as Microsoft Access.
- Provides support to ensure Agile system is used properly.
- Provides support to ensure proper cross-functional team members are involved to investigate all customer defects. Helps to lead team to properly follow 8D or 5P process. Ensures customer defects have appropriate containment, such as Panasonic factory inspections, third party inspections, or Supplier Quality actions with suppliers. Provides leadership to drive root cause analysis until “Why Made” and “Why Shipped” is known. Ensures appropriate corrective actions are implemented with Panasonic factories and suppliers. Ensures corrective actions are updated to PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Ensures quality defects requiring immediate action and containment are implemented within customer satisfactory time period. Works with team for customer factory sorting or containment and Panasonic factory reworks.
- Manages early detection and early resolution plan is in place prior to launch of new products.
- Ensures quality team adheres to customer specific Quality Manual, Systems, or Procedures to ensure full compliance to customer and ISO/TS16949 requirements.
- Leads team to ensure investigative tools, such as Fault Tree Analysis, Duplication Testing, Vehicle testing, and Validation Testing is implemented.
- Ensures defect lessons learned are fed back to appropriate teams. Attends and participates in Design Review Meetings, Advanced Quality Meetings, and other related meetings.
- Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, business, management, operations, technology or quality related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in quality required.
- Specific experience in an electronic-manufacturing or electronic automotive environment preferred.
- Must have good understanding of quality assurance approaches and of communication systems, with ability to analyze data.
- Knowledge of SixSigma or RedX problem solving methods is a plus.
- Previous work experience in a cross-cultural, international environment preferred.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Bilingual in English and Japanese with strong verbal and written communication skills in both languages preferred.
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It’s all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don’t just strive to put tomorrow’s technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Interested applicants must apply online.